All business makes profit, but a Christian does not engage in sharp practices, but makes sure his/her business is done according to the word of God. for God has said he delights in our profiting. Isaiah 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
It is what you have in your hands that God uses to teach you to profit .
It is the amount of the seed that gives us an insight into the amount of harvest.
Jesus revealed to us what is an enter-preneural spirit when he said to peter, ‘lunch out to the deep. Let us read it together: Luke 5:4-6 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes and their net brake.
It is one thing to obey the voice of the lord and quite another to carry on the blessings that come from that obedience. To say that the lord is faithful is an understatement for the lord indeed is faithful. So faithful that I challenge you that if his word is not real in your situation, look inward into your life; A little thing such as forgiveness can hinder your blessing from coming to you. As for the lord, his faithfulness is forever Psalms 36:5 Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
Having established the veracity of his faithfulness, let us talk about the major topic, Christian and money management. I will not like to take too much of your time I believe the word of God is a seed all I have to do is to sow and the lord will do the rest if you are willing.
- Matthew 25:14-30 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several abilities; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- VERSE27 we see why the servant was punished; capital is meant to make profit. Read with me: Matthew 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
- CAPITAL: is seed money which you must sow before you ask God for increase or profit. If there is nothing in your hand, you are indirectly flouting the law of increase as a christian. Capital does not necessary means enormous amount. What matters is that God remains a God of increase. Starting any venture small is a chance to have a testimony of what God can do. Moreover, God does not start big with anybody, he is still the God of small beginnings, therefore cherishes your little beginning while keeping the vision big.
LOANS: we do not forbid this in the body of Christ, but we must take the issue to God prayerfully , and you must know all the risk involve in the loan’s taking. If you have access to one billion loans and you do not have a plan on how to invest it do not go for the loan; it is that serious. If you are married, it is important to have a discussion with your partner and seek for her candid agreement spiritually.Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Before taking any final decision; however, there are five things a christian must do before going for a loan.
- PRAY ABOUT IT.
- Seek professional and spiritual counsel
- Discourse and share with your spouse. successes outside starts from the home environment. You need it. Refer to venture as ours, not my venture.
- Know the intricacies of the venture. update your knowledge with books, trainings and seminars. It is what you know the Holy spirit inspires you to do more, not what you do not know.
- Every business involves risks; lunch into the deep is the command
- Have a burning passion for the venture; it is your passion to give birth to success.
- Do not sow into anything, church or charity with your capital. That is not what God says in the above verse. Do not listen even to an angel who wants you to sow with your capital into either for more blessing!
- Do not badmouth or backbite those ahead of you in the same line of business, respect them. Remember what goes around comes around that is if you ever make it to the top.
Those who live in a country where the economy allows for loans without bottlenecks take advantage of it following the above measure. Doing so allows God to increase you, too, and does not mean God is not with you; use the loan as a sowing seed into your business in order to get much harvest; for those who do not plant should not expect to reap a harvest.
Welcome to the billionaire’s club, for all things are possible to those who believe
See you in church!