MAY THE PROPHETS OF DOOM NEVER HAVE OUR EARS IN JESUS NAME.
How do you make God to take back what he has said or pronounced? After all, he has told us what comes out of his mouth shall not return until it is accomplished [life or death]. Isaiah55:11.
There is only one way to move God to do or to renege what he has ordered. Like put a smile on his face and a nod of approval from this “giver of life and omnipotent being”. See Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
God sent a man to tell a nation and all it inhabitant that their time was up except they repent. The prophet went there instead to give them haft truth, pronouncing judgment, omitting the part of grace: telling them when the city will be overthrown. Jonah3:4-7.
But the king was wiser and sought this wonderful grace from God see Jonah 3:8-9 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not? A true prophet of our time issue the complete message of God: your sins will find you out except you repent. But Jonah was not happy for them. See Jonah 4:1 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. May God deliver us from those who want us to face the fury of God and not his mercy. For we are told his mercies endure forever. Prophet of doom should never have our ears.
A man believe it is only Jesus who can bring solace to his aching heart concerning his dying servant, he went only to meet a stern rebuke, or so we think from Jesus. Matthew 15:25-27 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
A prophet was sent to deliver the doomsday message to the house of Hezekiah that he, the head, should put his household in order for his death was already sealed.
Stepping over to NT we look at a classical case of how to get your way from the God who is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipotent, He who made the entire world, the only one who is alive forever, the rock of ages and the everlasting father; a woman wanted a fix for her dying daughter thus, a rebuke from the hovering hand of the devil to torment and possibly kill john10:10.
She made haste to the only one the fear fears and obey his command. She brought this pathetic case to him, but his answer was the least encouraging! But at the end she had her request met. In the above examples, they all had their ways. Let us use the case of the last person, the woman of Canaan, a foreigner, but she believed Jesus has the answer to her problem. It is human nature to look for solution to a problem, the challenges that life tosses our way and the mountains that confronts. We are out for solution wherever and whenever one is available undermining the source. That is one reason false prophets, magicians, are still thriving and will continue to thrive.
‘And behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, o lord, thou son of David: my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worship him, saying, lord, help me.But he answered and said it is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs.
And she said, truth, lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which falls from their master’s table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, o woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour’.Mathew15:33-28.
- God always responds to faith action from anybody, whether you are in the lowest step in the ladder of degeneration and disgrace or, from the highest pinnacle of success -irrespective of social status or otherwise
- The environment or society we live might not encourage the application of our faith. The disciples wanted Jesus to tell the Canaanite to go away; [perhaps that may give them the boldness to push her away.]
- Lack of response should not stop us from persistent prayers, supplications and asking.
- The next event or circumstance may work against our faith, but we should not be moved by what we see or hear. Often the Devil uses what we see to attack our faith base by transmitting a negative picture into our heart via our sight. The men sent out to spy the land saw, and it crumples their faith in God, the people in the camp heard, and it crumples their faith in God, too. We must see from the eye of faith and hear from the word of God. Jesus answered her not and the only time he answers it was a devastating reply.
- Those who refuse to be offended, who will remain focus, will always win the battles of life. Know what you want, remain humble, remain focus and persistent.
- Worship, she worshiped the only one who is worthy of worship. Not material things, not men., but you might say how did you men? There is a place in our heart that is reserved only for the creator, the place of worship. ‘Then said Jesus unto him get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, thou shall worship the lord thy God, and Him only shall thou serve’ Mathew4:10.
Will see you in church, a living church.